Personality of the Year Award
Nominations are invited annually for the
above award that has been presented each year since 1964.
award is intended to recognise a member of the Constabulary Sports Club
who has achieved a particular outstanding sporting performance or
performances when competing in Police Sport UK, County Sport or
Divisional Club activities. This may be during the previous 12 months
or over a number of years.
also includes anyone who has given a high degree of dedication, time
and commitment to any kind of sport activity in the Constabulary either
recently or over a number of years.
details for awards 1964 to 1994 are not available.
- PC 380 Ickeringill - 'HQTP' - Wrestling
- PC 1263 Mayo - 'D' Division
- PC 2008 Pearce - 'K' Division - Swimming
- PC 2201 Hoop - 'D' Division - Athletics
- PC 3077 Sanderson - 'HQ' - Javelin
- PC 2617 Guy - 'D' Division
- PC 364 Balderstone - 'D' Division - Athletics
- PC 1326 Duckworth - 'Q' Division
- PC 1306 Robinson - 'HQTP' 'D' Division
- PS 615 Quirk - 'HQ' MDS - Shooting
- PS 3570 Tomlinson - 'C' Division
- PC 2379 Braithwaite/PC 1909 Lowe - 'B' Division - Badminton
- PS 3905 Hinchcliffe - 'C' Division
- PC 714 Smith - 'H' Division
1978 - PS 333 Taylor - 'HQ' Training - Athletics
- DC 3729 Tebay - 'C' Division
- WPC 6116 Waddecar - 'C' Division
- PC 697 Wraith - 'K' Division
- PC 700 Dooley - 'C' Division - Rugby
1983 - PC 2581 Hatton - 'D' Division - Shooting
- WPC 6078 Wittam 'C' Division
- PC 700 Dooley - 'C' Division - Rugby
1986 - PS 333 Taylor - 'C' Division - Athletics
- WPC 6198 Plummer - 'HQ' - Swimming
- PC 5635 Burgess - 'D' Division
- D.Supt R. Webster - 'HQ'
- WPC 6052 Simister - 'A' Division - Swimming
- PC 1282 Burgess - 'D' Division
- PC 1692 Heyes - 'E' Division - Athletics
- Supt C. Armstrong - 'HQ' - Squash
- PC 643 Plummer - 'HQ' - Swimming
Details of each nomination from 1995 on are
available by clicking on the respective link:-
1995 - DC Neil Gibson - Tennis
1996 - Mrs Madeline Buckley
1997 - PC Steve Broadbent -
Athletics and Running
1998 - PS Dave Newton - Table
1999 - PC Arthur Marshall
2000 - Inspector Wayne
Howard - Indoor Rowing
2001 - PC Mark Woolston -
2002 - Mrs Susan Harrison/DC
David Watkinson - Volleyball/Running
2003 - Inspector Peter Upton
DC Ian Hill - Golf
2005 - DC Roy Sinclair -
2006 - PC John Wiggans - Athletics
2007 - DC David Rimmer -
2008 - Inspector Peter Zsigmond - Basketball
2009 - DC Gary Bolton - Cricket
2010 - DC Lisa Walker - Netball
2011 - PC Lisa Whiteside and PS Mark Pearson -
2012 - DC Paul Hope - Badminton
2013 - PC Mark Woolston - Squash
2014 - Mrs. Janine Fallon - Running (Presented May 2015)
2015 - CC. Steve Finnigan - Football
2016 - Mr Keith Ashton
2017 - PC 5938 Phil Corris (Retired)
2018 - To be decided - March 2019
"Do you know a member of the force who
you would like to nominate for this award?"
award is intended to recognise a member of the Sports & Social
Club, police or support staff who has achieved a particular outstanding
sporting performance or performances when playing for Club. This may be
during the previous 12 months or over a number of years. It also
includes anyone who has given a high degree of dedication, time and
commitment to sport in the Constabulary either recently or over a
number of years. It could also include someone who has done
considerable charity fund-raising through sport activity under the
must be stressed that this is a Club award and it is intended to recognise
achievements in primarily sport activities performed under the Constabulary banner. Also, nominees must be
a members or honorary member of the Club.
Activities engaged outside police club circles may also be added to support the
assist with your nomination, the report should include all or some of the
summary of activity and achievements listed in chronological order up to
These should primarily be police sports events followed by non-police sport
of any prestigious sporting achievements - the
high-point of the persons sporting career.
noteworthy sports stories or significant events.
the member has supported the Club in an organisational or supportive manner
over the years.
Details of any charity fund-raising done through sport activities.
of other club members who support the nomination and their views.
may be appropriate to actually contact the person you are nominating to
expand on more information in support of your report.
Finally, it is acceptable in certain circumstances for an individual to
nominate his or herself.
The report should be forwarded to the County Club secretary,
Vol. 20785 Steven Broadbent and may be sent by e-mail, as a Word document or on a typed / hand
The report should be received no later than 9 April 2018. An announcement will be made at the club AGM to be held
on 10 April and the award will be formally presented by the Chief constable in May.
In writing to:
Closing date 9 April 2018